Welcome to the Bruff Heritage Group website – a place for those with a passion for the people, history, heritage & culture of our area.
We hope to invite you to share and support us in this journey through photographs, memories, folklore, family histories and documents.
- BRUFF FITZGERALD BIBLE AWARD 2022Catherine Corless 2022 “For the values of humanity Catherine exemplifies and for the difference she has has made to the world.” The Bruff Fitzgerald Bible Award has been awarded to many of Ireland’s leading campaigners and leading citizens in the past.Continue reading “BRUFF FITZGERALD BIBLE AWARD 2022”
- Heritage Week 2022As it is finally August and events are back in person we are delighted to take part and share our events in Heritage Week for the first time! For more information on the individual events check out of Heritage WeekContinue reading “Heritage Week 2022”
- Bruree Counter Attacks Aug 1922With Bruree finally taken by Free State soldiers General O’Duffy was confident to state that he was “well pleased with the progress made by troop” in his command statement and how he believed that it was now “inevitable” that KilmallockContinue reading “Bruree Counter Attacks Aug 1922”
- Bruff holding ground for Bruree attack -July 1922The next stage in the fighting moves towards Bruree. Following the fall of Bruff back into Free State hands, it became the base for the next phase of their plan. This phase centred on the town of Bruree with W.R.EContinue reading “Bruff holding ground for Bruree attack -July 1922”
- The Siege of Bruff 1922With both the pro and treaty forces, recognising the significance of Bruff town as a gateway to Kilmallock our small town saw a constant tug for control over a number of days in July 1922. With tension building in theContinue reading “The Siege of Bruff 1922”