Explore our charming town through the self guided tour and its stories!
Come along with us on this self guided tour through the peaceful rural town of Bruff which is located in the heart of the Golden Vale of Munster in County Limerick.
Our town is full of fascinating historical buildings and features, and it is rich in local heritage and culture, contributing significantly to the story of Ireland. Bruff is also famed for its contribution to the history of the United States of America, as this is the ancestral home of one of America’s most famous dynasties – the Fitzgerald Kennedys.
Our guide leads you through the streets of the town and includes information on:
- Bruff Courthouse and the Thomas Fitzgerald Centre
- The Church of Saints Peter and Paul
- The Sean Wall Monument
- Royal Irish Constabulary Barracks
- Clancy’s Bar and O’ Donovan’s Hall
- The Former Church of Ireland
- The de Lacys of Bruff
- The Grove
- Education in Bruff
- Carbery Arms, Adelaide House and The Park
- Collins Well and Crawford Lane
This audio guide is an Abarta Heritage Production on behalf of Bruff Heritage Group and supported by Ballyhoura Development CLG as part of the Rural Development Programme.